Fire at Sacred Heart school
Fire broke out in the Sacred Heart Parochial School at 8:45 a.m. Friday morning. About 400 students were led to safety by the
The fire started when a wooden coal bin in the school basement collapsed and fell against the boiler. The woodwork went up in
flames causing considerable smoke which penetrated the entire building. Insurance investigators visited the building on Tuesday
and Wednesday to appraise the damage.
The Manville Fire companies under Fire Chief Charles Krassy responded to the alarm and soon brought the fire under control.
Classes were dismissed for the day.
Click the picture for the extra large view >